Stoma (Ostomy) Management Workshop - 3 Hours
This training aims to provide participants with the basic theoretical understanding and clinical skills to safely undertake the care and management of clients with an Ostomy. This ensures participants are competent to deliver a high standard of quality care to clients within a safe environment.
Stoma (Ostomy) Management Workshop
Course Delivery Structure:
- The workshops are delivered in small groups to provide individual attention to each participant to maximise their understanding of the topic. This also means it gives participants sufficient time to practice and become familiar with the organisation’s equipment and procedures. This enables the participants to provide the client with a high standard of quality care within a safe environment.
By the end of this course each candidate will:
- Give an overview of the GI tract
- Identify Indications of Stoma Formation
- Identify the importance of Infection control and prevention policies and procedures associated with stomas
- Identify complications of Stoma
- Be able to recommend the diet most appropriate to the patient with Stoma
- Be able to competently assist with stoma bag fitting, emptying and changing
- Identify the importance of maintaining the privacy and dignity of the client
- Identify common psycho-social issues facing the client with Stoma.
The session also includes practical demonstration, practice and assessment.
Please contact us for corporate packages and pricing. This workshop can be delivered at the organisation’s site upon request.
Book Your Course Now
First Aid Masters Pty Ltd
P: 1300 First Aid