PEG Tube Management Workshop - 3 Hours
This training aims to provide participants with the basic theoretical understanding and clinical skills to safely undertake the care and management of PEG tubes, ensuring participants are competent to deliver a high and safe standard of quality care to clients with a PEG.
PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastronomy) Tube Management Workshop
Course Delivery Structure:
- The workshops are delivered in small groups to give individual attention to each participant to maximise their understanding of the topic. This also means it gives them sufficient time to practice and become familiar with the organisation’s equipment and procedures. This enables the participant to provide the client with a high standard of quality care in a safe environment.
By the end of this course each candidate will:
- Have knowledge of anatomy related to PEG feeding
- Be aware of organisation policies and protocols
- Identify the indications of PEG feeding
- Be able to assess and care of PEG tube site
- Be able to safely administer PEG feeds
- Be able to administer prescribed medications
- Be able to troubleshoot PEG complications
- Be able to appropriately provide Stoma Care and Dressings
- Provide an understanding of the legal requirements of Reporting and documentation
The session also includes face to face theory, practical demonstration, and practice and assessment components.
Please contact us for corporate packages and pricing. This workshop can be delivered at the organisation’s site upon request.
Book Your Course Now
First Aid Masters Pty Ltd
P: 1300 First Aid