Medication Management Workshop - 6 Hours
This session will provide the skills and knowledge required to prepare, administer medication and complete medication documentation. It will also involve teaching the participant how to support a client to self-administer medication. This Medication workshop is idyllic for people working within the care sector or a new care worker who is responsible for the handling, assisting with, and disposal of medication. This includes community support workers or carers.
Medication Management Workshop
Course Delivery Structure:
- We deliver these workshops in small groups to give individual attention to each participant to maximise understanding of the topic. This also means it gives them sufficient time to practice the skill in a simulated environment and become familiar with the organisation’s medication management system. This enables them to provide the client’s safe and high-quality care in a safe environment.
By the end of this course each candidate will:
- Understand the medication administration policy of the organisation
- Understand their roles and responsibilities as a care worker
- Demonstrate safe medication administration principles for the following medications modes :
- Webster/Blister pack
- Eye drops
- Understand the importance of correct medication documentation
- Demonstrate correct medication administration documentation
- Understand how to do incident reporting as per the organisation policies
The workshop includes practical demonstration, practice and assessment.
Please contact us for corporate packages and pricing. This workshop can be delivered at the organisation’s site upon request.
Book Your Course Now
First Aid Masters Pty Ltd
P: 1300 First Aid