Manual Handling Workshop - 3 Hours
Manual handling training aims to provide participants with the basic theoretical understanding and clinical skills to safely undertake manual handling tasks as per WHS Act 2011 and WHS regulation 2011, reducing the risk of injury to all involved.
Manual Handling Workshop
Course Delivery Structure:
- The workshops are delivered in small groups to provide individual attention to each participant to maximise their understanding of the topic. This also means it gives participants sufficient time to practice and become familiar with the organisation’s equipment and procedures. This enables the participants to provide the client with a high standard of quality care within a safe environment.
By the end of this course each candidate will:
- Be aware and show an understanding of the legislation relevant to MH
- State their responsibilities under the legislation
- Complete a Risk Assessment for the activity
- Demonstrate correct manual handling technique for the following:
- Moving the client in a bed
- Moving the client in bed using slide sheet.
- Safe use of mechanical devices such as Stand-up lifter and Sling lifter.
- Demonstrate understanding of car transfers ( in and out of the car)
- Provide an understanding of the legal requirements of Reporting and documentation
The workshop includes face to face theory, practical demonstration, and practice and assessment components.
Please contact us for corporate packages and pricing. This workshop can be delivered at the organisation’s site upon request.
Book Your Course Now
First Aid Masters Pty Ltd
P: 1300 First Aid