Diabetes Management Workshop - 3 Hours
This training aims to provide participants with the basic theoretical understanding and clinical skills to safely undertake the care and management of clients with Diabetes. This ensures participants are competent to deliver a high standard of quality care to clients within a safe environment.
Diabetes Management Workshop
Course Delivery Structure:
- We deliver these workshops in small groups to give individual attention to each participant to maximise understanding of the topic. This also means it gives them sufficient time to practice the skill in a simulated environment and become familiar with the organisation’s diabetic management policy & protocol. This enables them to provide the client’s safe and high-quality care in a safe environment.
By the end of this course each candidate will:
- Have an overview of the Endocrine system and risk factors for developing diabetes
- Be aware of the different types of Diabetes
- Understand the importance of accurate and effective medical management
- Understand the role and function of glucose and insulin in the body
- Be able to explain the importance of examining the signs, symptoms and first aid management of hyperglycaemia and hypoglycaemia
- Identify common complications of diabetes
- Be familiar with common diabetic medications
- Understand and carry out testing and blood glucose monitoring
- Safely administer insulin
The session also includes practical demonstration, practice and assessment
Please contact us for corporate packages and pricing. This workshop can be delivered at the organisation’s site upon request.
Book Your Course Now
First Aid Masters Pty Ltd
P: 1300 First Aid