Bowel Management Workshop - 3 Hours
This training aims to provide participants with the basic theoretical understanding and clinical skills to safely undertake the care and management of clients whilst maintaining healthy bowel habits. This ensures participants are competent to deliver a high and safe standard of quality care to clients with bowel elimination.
Bowel Management Workshop
Course Delivery Structure:
- The workshops are delivered in small groups to provide individual attention to each participant to maximise their understanding of the topic. This also means it gives participants sufficient time to practice and become familiar with the organisation’s equipment and procedures. This enables the participants to provide the client with a high standard of quality care within a safe environment.
By the end of this course each candidate will:
- Provided with an overview of the anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal tract and specifically the bowel
- Identify the importance of maintaining a healthy bowel,
- Identify factors that affect the normal elimination patterns
- Be able to prevent and manage common bowel problems
- Identify measures that promote effective bowel function.
- Be able to discuss autonomic dysreflexia and emergency management.
- Provide an understanding of the legal requirements of Reporting and documentation
The session also includes practical demonstration, practice and assessment of the administration of rectal suppositories and disposable enemas.
Please contact us for corporate packages and pricing. This workshop can be delivered at the organisation’s site upon request.
Book Your Course Now
First Aid Masters Pty Ltd
P: 1300 First Aid